Netscape Communicator 4
This document covers the setup and basic use of the Communicator 4 software. Communicator 4 is a suite of applications used from one interface, but we will only be covering the e-mail information.
Configuring Communicator 4
- Click on the Edit menu and select Preferences.
- Click on the plus sign (+) next to Mail & Newsgroups and select the Identity category.
- In the Your Name field, enter your name.
NOTE: You can use whatever name you want here with both upper and lower case letters.
- For the Your e-mail field, enter: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Click on the Mail Servers category.
- For Outgoing Mail (SMTP) server, enter mail.dialup4less.com
- Click on the Edit button in the section Incoming Mail Servers.
- For Server Name, enter: mail.dialup4less.com
- For Server Type, select: POP3 Server.
- For User Name, enter your username.
- If you would like Netscape to remember your password for e-mail, check the box for Remember password.
Checking Your E-mail
- Click on the OK button to return to the Mail Servers window.
- Click on the OK button to return to Netscape.
- Click on the File menu and select Get New Messages or click on the Get Msg button.
NOTE: If you did not check the Remember password option during the setup process, a window will appear prompting you for it. Enter your password and click on the OK button.
- When you receive a new e-mail message, it will show up in your In box.
- To read the e-mail simply select the message and it will be displayed below.
- Click on the Message menu and select New Message or click on the New Msg button
- Fill in the To field with the recipient's e-mail address.
- Fill in the Subject field with the topic of the e-mail message.
- Fill in the Body of the e-mail with your message.
Back To Support Page
- Click on the Send button to deliver the e-mail.