Create a New Dial-Up Networking Connection
- From the desktop, double-click My Computer.
- Double-click Dial-up Networking.
- If you receive a message stating that The phonebook is empty..., then click OK to add a new entry.
- If Dial-up Networking (DUN) already has other phone book entries, click New.
- If the New Phonebook Entry Wizard window appears, check the box labeled I know all about phonebook entries... and click Finish.
- In the New Phonebook Entry dialog, select the Basic tab.
- Check Use Telephony dialing properties.
- Uncheck Use another port if busy.
- For Entry name, enter Dialup 4 Less.
- Enter the country code and area code of the number you are dialing, plus the phone number itself.
- Under Dial using, select your modem.
- Click the Configure button.
- Set the Initial speed (BPS) to 57,600 if you have a 14.4k modem or 115,200 if you have a 28.8k modem.
- Make sure all three Hardware Features boxes are checked (if applicable) and that Disable modem speaker is not checked.
- Click the OK button.
- Select the Server tab.
- The Dial-up server type should be PPP: Windows NT, Windows 95 Plus, Internet.
- For Network Protocols only TCP/IP should be checked.
- Make sure Enable software compression is checked, but Enable PPP LCPextensions unchecked
- Click the TCP/IP settings button.
- Select Server assigned IP address and Server assigned name server addresses.
- Leave the Primary WINS and Secondary WINS servers at 0.0.0.0.
- Check both Use IP header compression and Use default gateway on remote network.
- Click the OK button.
- Select the Script tab.
- Make sure None is selected.
- Select the Security tab.
- Select Accept any authentication including clear text
- On the New Phonebook Entry window, click OK.
- You will now be in the Dial-up Networking program, and the phone book entry you just created should be selected in the Phonebook entry to dial text box.
- Click the Dial button.
- A window will appear asking for a username (make sure you enter in your username followed by @Dialup4Less.com ie. “username@Dialup4Less.com”), password, and domain. The first two are required.
- If you are on the Limited Plan you must Enter in @limitedDialup4Less.com after your username ie:
username@limiteddialup4Less.com to be billed correctly!
- Do not enter anything for the Domain.
- There is also an option to Save Password, which can be selected if desired.
- Click OK to dial into Dialup 4 Less.
- Once you are connected, a window will appear informing you that you have successfully connected to the Dial-up Server. Click OK to close this window.
- You are now connected and may use any internet software such as Internet Explorer (installed with Windows NT)
Create a Shortcut
To create a shortcut to the dial-up networking connections on your desktop:
Back To Support Page
- Double click My Computer on your desktop
- Double click Dial-up Networking
- Right click on your Dialup 4 Less connection icon and click Create Shortcut