If you upgraded from Outlook 2007 or 2003, your account settings should automatically be configured. If you are installing Outlook for the first time or want to add another email account follow the isntructions below:
There are 2 different ways to start the account creation wizard. The first is to click on Add Account below the Account Information header.
The second is to press the button called Account Settings.
The difference between the two is that the first will open the Auto Account Setup Wizard , the second way will open the Email Accounts overview window first. If you have experience using Outlook, both windows will look familiar to you.
In either event, click Add Account to start the wizard.
- Click the New button to start the Add New Account wizard. Select POP3 and click Next. You can use the Auto Account Setup to try and automatically setup and configure Outlook 2010.
- Enter your name as you want email recipients to see it in the Your Name field. Enter your email address including extension, such as email@example.com into the Email Address field. Type in your password, retype it to confirm it and then click Next. Outlook 2010 will try to automatically configure your account, which may take several minutes.
- If Outlook is unsuccessful, select Manually Configure Settings and click Next.
- Enter 'Your Name' as you want it to appear.
- Enter your full email address firstname.lastname@example.org in the 'Email address:' field.
- Select 'POP3'
- Enter 'mail.dialup4less.com' in the 'Incoming mail (POP3, IMAP) server:' field.
- Enter 'mail.dialup4less.com' in the 'Outgoing mail (SMTP) server:' field.
- Enter your username in the 'Account name:' field.
- Enter your email password in the 'Password:' field
- You can decide where your emails are to be stored. If you do not have any preferences at the moment, skip this step and use the Default setting; New Outlook Data File. However if you have a backup of an old .pst-file from an earlier installation or another account, Click Existing Outlook Data File, then Click Browse. Lookup your file and Click OK.
- Next click the More Settings button.
- Select the Advanced tab.
- Change the Incoming Pop Server (POP) to "110".
- Change the Outgoing server (SMTP) to "25".
- Click OK.
- Click Finish, You’re Done!
- Back in the main window, click Send /Receive to check for new email.
Back To Support Page